Life with a 2 year old

I'm convinced that there is nothing more upsetting to a two year old than something that disturbs their sense of order. The other morning Moo noticed Pete was sitting where I usually sit on the couch. He was not amused. In fact, he was downright upset about it: "Daddy, you're in Mama's spot. You're in her spot! No! Mommy, he's in your spot. Tell Daddy 'No thank you!'" At least he's polite about it.

Two year olds also say the cutest, most nonsensical things when they confuse their words. On a recent morning Moo was on the changing table, gazing out the window at the snow lingering on the ground. He began talking about the green trees and how big they are. I told him the tall trees were reaching up high into the sky. He repeated what I'd said, and then (because he's 2) he repeated it a few more times, but on the third time it morphed into: "Those trees aren't reaching the pie. No, those trees aren't reaching the pie!"

It was a simple case of mistaken identity during a viewing of Sesame Street. I was taking care of the babies when I heard Moo's excited voice yelling, "Mama, the chicken's taking a bath! The chicken's taking a bath!" I looked. It was a video of a penguin swimming.

barjobo  – (December 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM)  

just wait until he's four! although, come to think of it, he might already be!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP