Photog

Quite possibly the cutest thing ever, someone decided to share her Cheerios with daddy. Very generous. She kept stuffing handfuls into his mouth and was so pleased with herself. 


In unrelated news, if anyone has potty training tips about how to get a three and a half year old to poop in his potty chair, I am all ears. We've been dealing with this for half a year now and it's getting old. We thought we'd just let him figure it out in his own time, but after about four months of that we took a more hands-on approach and we've been encouraging him more and more (instead of just putting him in a diaper when he needs to go, which is what he'd prefer). We've been bribing with some pretty serious stuff too- candy, ice cream, Thomas the Train toys...! He's only gone in his potty chair on accident, when he couldn't hold it in anymore. Ugh. We're so tired of this, but don't want to make him constipated by freaking him out even more. He got the book, "Everyone Poops" for Christmas, and loves having it read to him, but still thinks it'll hurt if he goes in his chair... and doesn't believe us that the only reason it ever hurts is because he's trying to hold it in. Advice? Anyone? Before I lose my mind from spending all day prompting him to please go sit down and try, while he dances around holding his behind and saying, "NO! I don't need to go!"

barjobo  – (January 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM)  

some sort of stool softener? and the foods that will make him go. milk tends to make pooping harder, so switch to juices or water for a few days. hang in there; he won't go to school in diapers. He's adjusting to the twins and all their changes still--an awful lot for such a little guy. you could do like Joy and send him to bubbe for a wkend. S and I spent pretty much all day around or on the potty chair. maybe get that second potty and put one out for the babies to play with.

barjobo  – (January 10, 2012 at 6:43 AM)  

and yes, that pic is dang cute! Elsa and her daddy really have a bond. i love that.

April G  – (January 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM)  

I've thought about stool softeners, but the thing is he doesn't have hard poops to begin with! Not at all. Once he decides to go he has no problem getting it out and it's, y'know, not runny but not super firm either.

Ugh, gross. I never thought I'd be discussing poop on the internet, but then here I went and had kids. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP