Diapers
This is how we do diapers around here, for anyone who hasn't seen it in action and is curious. First, we have about 25 adjustable size covers (most are Thirsties Duo Wraps size-1, which fit babies 6 to 18 lbs) that go over five dozen prefolds, only three dozen of which are currently in rotation, as the other two dozen are the next size up and still too big for little bottoms.
Then we have 22 one-size, adjustable pocket diapers (two of them were in the diaper pail when this photo was taken), which theoretically fit babies and toddlers from 8 to 30 or 40 pounds, depending on the diaper brand.
We also have 8 size-2 Thirsties brand Duo Diapers (fits babies and toddlers from approximately 18 to 40 lbs). Micah sometimes wears these. He's been in paper for too long though, and usually claims the cloth diapers are "too big!" because they feel so bulky compared to a disposable diaper.
We clean the kids up with approximately 100 cloth wipes, almost all of which were sewn by me and great-grandma.
I wash diapers every other day. We go through almost all the diapers, minus the Thirsties Duo Diaper size-2s in that time, though we usually have about half a dozen covers left since those don't have to be put in the pail every change unless they get soiled and we don't have that many super soaked or blowout diapers.
Here are the munchkins who make me do so much laundry:
And big brother because he saw me get the camera and asked me to take a picture of him too.
They are SO pretty! I remember being thrilled when plastic pants began to come in pastels. White plastic was noisy and bulky. Love those babies!
LOL...and I thought I was an addict to fluff! Just kidding! If I had twins...oh man I would need a rehab program for my fluff addiction. I would be in heaven gazing at the diapers! All your kids are adorable & I love big brother's pjs!
Thanks for following my blog & I hope you enjoy the giveaways!