Later
I've discovered that two year olds have a very loose grasp on the concept of time. There are only two times in Moo's world: "now" and "later". His favorite word recently is "later". Conversations tend to go like this:
"Moo, it's almost bath time. Let's finish playing with the play-doh."
"Later?"
"Yes, we'll make two more play-doh stars and then we'll put it away and take a bath."
"Later?"
"Right after this."
"Later!"
"Yes, okay, later."
The only problem here is that "later" is not a very specific unit of measurement, so when exactly "later" is tends to fluctuate. Particularly when the upcoming task is something as unsavory as diaper change. In his world, "later" means "as soon as I finish this task", but it also means "tomorrow". I find myself hearing the words, "No, later!" at least ten times a day. I should probably work with him on that. Maybe later.
THAT is the cutest little boy in the world! This is so not fair. He needs to come live with me!
Haha, this reminds me of my nephew Tyler. He is constantly saying "May" which is the Chinese word for "Not yet."